Monday, August 5, 2013

I Love It by Iconapop

This past Memorial Day, we took a little road trip down to Camarillo to see our good friends Ed V., Christine V., and Mattea B. We hadn't seen them in ages.  The trip always seemed so long, but by moving to Fresno, we shaved 3 hours off of the trip.  It was a wonderful weekend spent catching up, talking, laughing, exploring, eating, swimming, and relaxing.  Christine even worked out with me so i wouldn't miss a single day of my 30 day challenge. One of the wonderful things about these dear friends is that they welcome not only us into their home, but also Jack.  And I mean they honestly welcome him, not just tolerate him.  It really helped me relax so thank you to them for that!

They humored me by taking me to LA to see the stars (I am just slightly starstruck crazy).  We actually saw a couple, but I didn't recognize any of them.  I always have fun in LA and then I forget how much fun I have there.  I do not think I would fit in there or enjoy living there, but I really love visiting.  It is truly a different world, different lifestyle, different attitude.  It's something else!  Mostly though, I am glad we are closer to LA so that we can hopefully see these friends more often.  Ed is the person that introduced me and Nick and without him, there would be no Dexter.  Ed is also the first person I told about this blog!  I told him my idea, he encouraged me, and just a few days later, I began writing. 

Mattea is about to head off to college in just a few weeks and it was so interesting for me to get a peek into the teenage world today.  At the risk of sounding old, and I know I do, things are so different today!  It's nothing like when I was a teenager!  What I find particularly fascinating is how they communicate.  There is this whole electronic world of communication out there and frankly, it is exhausting to me.  I have to constantly check email, texts, Facebook messages, Meetup comments, LinkedIn requests, Twitter, Instagram.....I am missing about 100 different mediums, I am sure.  Mattea is super talented in so many ways and of course, she is also tech savvy.  Like, it blows me away.  She gets amazing grades and on the side, she also composes music, performs, posts her videos on YouTube, and creates her own music videos.  And the communicating with the friends, that too.  She shared her latest creation with us which was a video for I Love It.  It's a song I didn't particularly like, but I will now listen to it with a smile, remembering Mattea's video.  She performed in it and it was creative, funny, energetic, in step with the music.  It was great.  What was also great was her pure joy and enthusiasm in sharing it with us and pointing out her favorite parts.  Thank you for sharing this with me.  And in fact, I DO care AND I love it!

1 comment:

  1. From Ed V: Jen that is so cool. Keep writing. Also put Adsense on there!! Hope you guys are doing well. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete