Friday, August 2, 2013

P.I.M.P. by 50 Cent

It was one of those epic, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas kind of trips.  Nicole F. and I were both Retention Managers for good old Allegiance Telecom.  She was in So-Cal and I was in Nor-Cal, so we spent a lot of time talking on the phone about "work" while at work.  She is so much fun and when we finally met in person on a business trip to Dallas, we totally hit it off.  In fact, we had so much fun together, that we just knew a trip to Vegas was the perfect way to hang out in person again.  We obviously spent a lot of time at work and on the phone together planning out every last detail.  Hotel?  (Tropicana.  Not super trendy or even super nice, but the price and location were right).  What to do?  (We discussed a variety of nightclubs, bars, hotels, and restaurants we might check out).  Flights? (I was flying and Nicole and her friend Eryn G. were driving and meeting me there).  The day before the trip, our boss told me that we could go out to a $150 dinner, on him, a little bonus for being such great employees.  We were beyond excited.
I got to our hotel room first and anxiously awaited the girls.  We talked until the wee hours and in the morning we kicked off our Vegas adventure.  There was the pool, drinks, cute boys, the spa, restaurants, walking the strip.  Poor Eryn got food poisoning that very first night and Nicole and I were on our own.  Except that we weren't on our own at all.
The weekend prior to our trip, I had met a guy at a party in San Francisco.  We got to talking and it turned out that not only were we both headed to Vegas that weekend....we were staying in the same hotel.  He was off to a bachelor party, so Nicole and I spent the evening hanging out with a very cool group of guys.  There was lots of drinking and lots of dancing.  We danced on top of the bar at the Coyote Ugly, singing Bon Jovi at the top of our lungs.  We closed down the club and continued our search for music, drinking, and dancing.  The next club was playing P.I.M.P., a song that I'd never heard.  The boys sure had and they were singing along with great enthusiasm.  After I got home, I wanted to put together a Vegas mix of songs that we'd heard that night.  I found P.I.M.P., but the lyrics weren't quite the same as the boys had sung.  I must've spent weeks looking for the remix version of the song, only to find out later they'd made up their own verse. 
We finally made it back to our hotel around 6am and headed straight for breakfast.  Eryn joined us, fresh from a good night's sleep, and mostly amused at our antics and behavior after an entire night out.  I randomly and spontaneously busted out the entire second verse of Parents Just Don't Understand by DJ Jazzy Jeff.  I will never forget that one of the guys had ordered a greasy breakfast...and a glass of milk.  We girls all found that simultaneously weird and hilarious.  The following night, we tried to recapture the magic of the first night and while it was still a lot of fun, it just wasn't the same.  What happens in Vegas....

1 comment:

  1. From Nicole F: Love it. Our vegas theme song. Lol.

    ReplyDelete