Thursday, January 9, 2014

We Used to Be Friends by the Dandy Warhols

It was Valentine's Weekend, 2009.  The snow was silently falling, the fire was blazing in the warm and cozy Tahoe cabin, stocked full of treats to eat and drink, and I was binge watching Veronica Mars.  I couldn't remember feeling more content!  I rarely get to be somewhere with snow while it is actually snowing and it was so lovely.  We had taken a 3 day weekend, at least, possibly 4 days, to enjoy ourselves.  It was Jack's first trip to the snow and watching him enjoy himself puts a smile on your face that lasts for weeks.  We were waiting for our friends the H's to arrive later in the weekend when we would make the traditional Valentine's Day Mac N Cheese along with Karen's famous cream wafer cookies, in a heart shape with pink frosting, of course. 

There is only so much time you can spend outside playing in the snow if you are not skiing or 7 years old without getting cold and wet so we did spend a lot of time inside.  There were books, magazines, puzzles, the original Nintendo, comfy chairs for napping.  There was also a TV and DVD player and, did I mention, Season 1 and 2 of Veronica Mars.  My sister had gotten me hooked on it.  She had tried to get me hooked on a bunch of different series, but this is the only one that stuck.  It is awesome!!  Everything about it, from the premise to the brilliant writing and acting, I couldn't get enough of it.  When I got to Tahoe, I was right at the turning point of the season long arc and it was so addicting.  Even Nick got into it and we watched all the way to the end and found out who the murderer was.  We Used to Be Friends is the theme song that plays during the opening credits which I never fast forwarded because I like the song.  I am currently re-binge-watching the show because the MOVIE is coming out soon.  I just wish I were in Tahoe watching it again, where I could also be watching the falling snow and feeling completely content and peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment