Thursday, March 26, 2015

I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine by Patti Page

2 girls, driving down Highway 80 after a day playing hooky on the slopes.  This is one of the very few positive memories I have of my first adult roommate. She and I had decided to join Mitch C, Jenny T, and Vince J on a spontaneous weekday ski adventure at Northstar.  It was not a terrible drive up there, probably about 3 hours from San Francisco, and not a ton of traffic considering it was reverse commute on a weekday.  We spent the day skiing and boarding, enjoying a midday beer and lunch in the sun at the top of the mountain.  In the pictures we aren't even wearing coats, so I am guessing it was spring skiing.  We probably stopped at the Chevy's in Auburn on the way home, as was the tradition. 

On the way home, Lydia was driving, it was her car after all, and we were really into this song off the Priscilla, Queen of the Desert soundtrack.  We liked it so much that we sang it over and over (and over) at the top of our lungs, improving our harmonies, getting in tune, sounding better every time.  There was gesturing, smiling, laughing.  In fact, when I saw the How I Met Your Mother episode with the Fiero (500 Miles), I thought it was a lot like that.  I remember being very impressed with ourselves by how great we sounded.  It was a fun end to a very fun day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment