Monday, October 14, 2013

Fruitcake by The Superions

When it is time to decorate the house for holidays is about the time I load up my Christmas playlist.  Last year I was decking away with lights and bells and garlands galore when this bizarre song started playing.  My favorite lyrics:
Artificial color, artificial flavor,
If your family don’t want it,
Give it to a neighbor!
It’s fruitcake!

The whole song is just weird, but it's the kind of weird I like and I have a bunch of Bob Rivers Christmas parodies on my list so this was right up my alley... but I had never heard it and I didn't remember purchasing it.  Then I remembered....

Earlier in the year, while sitting at the pool, Heather L. so kindly offered me her username and password to Amazon so I could share her music.  I had never used the Amazon mp3 downloader so I just selected Download All and this gem of a song was one of my lucky downloads.  Thanks Heather!  So I think of her when I hear it, but not because she is a fruitcake.  We met Heather and her husband in a Labor and Delivery class when we were both pregnant.  We hit it off right away based on our common uncomfortable feeling with the calming breathing techniques and utter grossed out feeling after seeing the birthing video.  Plus there was that whole new parent thing.  They lived in Livermore, too, and I was excited to have my first local Mommy friend.  Scarlett and Dexter spent the first year of their lives playing together whether in swim lessons, out to lunch, trick or treating, shopping, or playdates.  Sadly, the L. family moved to San Jose and later, we moved even further away to Fresno....and now they are moving all the way to Florida! We will have to keep in touch through Facebook and plan to meet up in the future at Disneyworld someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment