Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Have You Ever Seen the Rain by CCR

In a class of about 550, 6 of us were accepted to UC Berkeley and 3 of us attended.  Maggie C, Mikhaela D, and I were in a lot of the same classes in high school, but weren't close friends.  Mikhaela and I were close early in high school, but by the end we were in 3 different circles.  Maggie was in sports, Mikhaela was in Drama, and I was in the Band.  We weren't in any of the same classes at Cal as we again, went in 3 completely directions.  Mikhaela is now a doctor, Maggie's a lawyer, and I ended up in Marketing/Sales/Consulting.  What we DO have in common is that we all have naturally curly hair.  And one weekend my sophomore year at Cal, Mikhaela offered us a ride home to Turlock for the weekend. 

Mikhaela had a pickup truck and I seem to remember the three of us sitting side by side in the cab, cruising down I-5 (my preferred route and I was pleased that Mikhaela also chose this route).  We talked and talked all the way home.  At one point either on the radio or on a CD, I can't remember, John Fogerty starts singing Have You Ever Seen the Rain and all three of us chime in spontaneously with the chorus, singing happily with the windows down, hair blowing, in the middle of nowhere, California.  It was a great moment.  Maggie decided to drive her car back to Berkeley on Sunday and I rode with her, possibly because we both lived on the north side of campus so it was convenient this way.  We never carpooled back home again, but I am glad we did so at least once.  Maybe I will see both of them at our 20th reunion next year (if any of us go!) and we can reminisce!

No comments:

Post a Comment