Monday, April 20, 2015

Connected by Stereo MCs

A couple kids, sitting in the car in the Safeway parking lot in the outer Richmond district, listening to Manuela B's latest mix tape.  Connected is playing, following by Sabotage by the Beastie Boys which Bastian said was an inappropriate song for my mom to overhear.  We were in the middle of an epic day in San Francisco.

It was Bastian's first ever trip to the US, to California, to visit me. It was me, Bastian, my Mom, Uncle Bill, and my sister Catherine and we were likely all crammed into my mom's Honda Civic.  I don't remember the exact order, but we drove through Golden Gate Park, stopped to see the bison and windmill, then stopped into the Safeway for lunch provisions.  It was the same store my mom used to shop at when she and my dad lived on 48th and Balboa.  We went to the beach for lunch and it was my favorite kind of lunch - a bunch of yummy this and that.  Bread and cheese and meat for sandwiches, fruit, cookies, drinks....the perfect picnic, a little something for everyone.  It was late December, just after Christmas, but it's never too cold (or too hot) in San Francisco.  We walked partway across the Golden Gate Bridge and took turns spitting off the bridge.  There is a great picture with only my sister spitting in the background and you can't tell if she is spitting or possibly barfing.  No trip would be complete without a ride on the cable car and ice cream at Ghirardelli Square.  To top it all off, I was with my boyfriend and I looked super cute - vintage corduroy blazer, super cute hat, perfect boot cut jeans, good hair day... Definition of a perfect day!
You'll have to trust the "super cute" claim, but this picture is a classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment