Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard

I was sitting in Ms. Olsson's science class in 6th grade, talking to some of my classmates about this and that and the subject of music came up.  I mentioned that I loved the song Pour Some Sugar on Me and this popular girl excitedly said that she loved that song, too.  She even busted out the chorus, getting totally into it.  It was definitely one of those moments I mentioned in my very first blogpost.  I felt so excited to be connected to this popular girl because we both LOVED THAT SONG.  It was pretty much the highlight of my day. 

You know who else loved that song?  My Uncle Bill.  My Uncle Bill was the coolest, except for when he took all the good Legos.  Or when you dared to play a board game with him because he not only beat you, he destroyed you.  Laughing.  He is only 11 years older than I am, so when I was in 6th grade, he would have been 22 and just finishing up college.  When we visited Babci's house, I mostly hung out with my Auntie Ann who was even closer to me in age.  Uncle Bill worked and studied a lot, but once in a while, I would see him.  I was so excited to tell him how much I liked this song by Def Leppard and Uncle Bill HAD THE CASSETTE!  He told me all about how some other song was actually a lot better than Pour Some Sugar on Me. But the best part was that he let me listen to the cassette and I think I probably even copied the songs I liked onto my very own cassette.

No comments:

Post a Comment