Thursday, July 4, 2013

What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction

Hayley is going to be horrified that this post is about her.  She really does have a very cool, discerning taste in music.  Her wedding guestbook was a book of rock music history and people were encouraged to sign on a page with an artist or group they liked and to share a story.  I was super impressed and a little jealous that I hadn't thought of something so cool!  Regardless, this over-hyped, over-played, teenybopper song reminds me of her.

Hayley A. was my first friend in Livermore.  She was in my mom's group and her little girl is 2 months older than Dexter.  We had both left our full-time jobs and moved out of the city (San Francisco for her, Oakland for me).  We were both very determined not to become those mommies that only talk about poop and naps and nursing and blah blah blah baby stuff.  We both had large, rambunctious dogs so we often met up at the dog park near my house so the dogs could run around and the babies could hopefully fall asleep in their strollers.  We also joined the Club and spent many a morning there working out and relaxing in the sauna.   I had never really had a ton of girlfriends that I would call at the drop of a hat or text into the wee hours as we were nursing our babies to sleep.  She would see me driving around town (can't miss my car!) and call me and invite me over for a quick visit. Hayley really made being a stay-at-home mom a lot of fun.

When we found out we had to move after only one year in our rental house, Hayley was on-hand to sit with me while we were waiting for realtors to show the house.  She helped entertain Dexter while I unloaded boxes.  One of these times, we were sitting on the floor in our new, empty house.  Zoey had dug Hayley's phone out of her purse and was asking to play some music.  Hayley was working on a skit or a dance or something for her volleyball class.  The music?  What Makes You Beautiful.  Zoey just loved it and she started bouncing and dancing.  It is pretty catchy, upbeat, and fun.  I secretly kind of enjoy listening to it and every time I do, I think of that adorable little girl, dancing and smiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment