Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang

I have known Ryan C. for just about his entire life.  His mom's sister is married to my mom's brother.  so we share an aunt and uncle, but I actually didn't realize that for a long time because he was never at our family events and vice versa. I guess that makes us kind of related.  By marriage.  Removed or something.  At some point I started calling him my cousin Ryan.

He is only 2 years younger than I am so we always got along really well.  There are countless memories and stories with Ryan because our families used to vacation together.  Once Ryan went away to college, I didn't see him for a couple years, but I was really excited when he returned to the Bay Area afterwards.  He was still working out what he wanted to do and which path he wanted to take and during this time, I got to see him a lot!  He was often in the city and since I was living in Daly City with my sister, he often stayed with us.  We spent many evenings hanging out playing board games in our apartment or driving into the city and dancing until the wee hours at some club.  Ryan introduced us to some of his new friends and we would hang out with them as well.  I really enjoyed spending this time with him and getting to know him as an adult.  It was a lot different hanging out as adults because we could stay out as late as we wanted.  On family vacations, I remember it being a really big deal when we would stay up late talking and playing cards into the wee hours.  It upset my dad each time, unreasonably so, in my opinion.   One thing hadn't changed hanging out with cousin Ryan was fun!

I don't remember where we were we had been, but I remember we were in the car, heading back to the apartment in Daly City.  Ryan and I were in the backseat and Catherine was driving.  She was really into the Bloodhound Gang.  It was a band she started listening to in Kansas.  It took a while to grow on me, partly because most of the lyrics are disgusting, and also because it was a lot different than the kind of music I generally liked.  But grow on me it did and even though the lyrics are mostly gross, they are also pretty clever.  Well it turned out Ryan knew the lyrics to the Bad Touch and I remember him singing along with a big smile.  Catherine and I joined in and there we were, cruising along, singing that song, headed back to Daly City for another fun sleepover.  You and me baby!
 

1 comment:

  1. From Ryan C: You are very sweet. I have so many good memories with you. Thank you for posting. You put a big smile on my face. =]

    ReplyDelete